Sexting has become such a hot topic amongst teenagers as of late, but apparently it’s not only affecting the teenage community!
…Congressman Anthony Weiner and Megan Broussard (shaking my head)…
In case you needed a reference, here’s a clear example of how sexting can go VERY wrong.
Before the Drama …
Congressman Anthony Weiner and his wife, Huma Abedin go for a stroll on a warm, sunny day…
Anthony and Huma pose for a picture. Awww they look like such a happy couple, don’t they? Well…Not really. Neither one of them looked thrilled to be together. And based on body language and facial expressions…he looks like he’s hiding something and she looks like she wants out.
The Drama Begins …
April 2011 – Megan Broussard, a pretty, 26 year-old, single mom comments on a video Anthony Weiner posts on Facebook. She simply says and I quote …”Hotttttt”
Anthony Weiner immediately replies to her comment. (Shocking). He’s probably thinking… A young hot woman, used the word ‘hotttt’ on my page? I must know more !
- Weiner and Megan begin flirting on facebook
- Weiner and Megan begin sexting
- Weiner and Megan exchange a total of over 100 text messages that include sex talk and risque pics.
Megan texts Weiner…
Weiner texts Megan…
Pic # 2 – (she asked him to do this.. she ‘needed confirmation that it was him’)
May 27, 2011 – Weiner means to TEXT ANOTHER woman (a young college woman in Seattle who remains unknown as of yet) and accidentally TWEETS her instead… (DOH!). For those of you that don’t know.. that means this image is now visible to EVERYONE.
- Weiner DENIES it - says his Twitter account was hacked. It’s a ‘prank’. Someone wanted to put a ‘weiner’ on the ‘Weiner’ page. (Good one). (Watch clip)
- Megan tells the Truth- she hears him lying on the news, gets fed up, and decides to come forward. Plus she knows they’re coming for her too..they’re already digging through her Facebook account.
- He ADMITS it…and then some - He confirms Megan’s story and admits he ‘Exchanged Messages and Photos of an Explicit Nature With About 6 Women Over the Last 3 Years’… Wow, Weiner. (Watch clip)
- His wife is pregnant - Damn.
- Don’t send inappropriate pictures to someone that is NOT your partner. If you get caught, it’s a double whammy. Not only will you be embarrassed about the act of exposing your goods but you now have to explain who this person is, how you met them, and how you plan to get rid of them.
- Don’t send pictures to a stranger. They have no loyalty to you and WILL rat you out sooner than you think.
- EVERYTHING on the internet – including all information on your Facebook and Twitter accounts - is considered PUBLIC information. Even if your page is ‘private’ it’s not really private. So think twice before you post something if you don’t want a certain someone seeing it. Remember, if it’s on the internet it can and will be used against you.
- If you have a Twitter or Facebook account, and you’re in the habit of sending lewd pictures of yourself DO NOT install the application on your phone. All it takes is a simple slip of the finger. Which DOES happen. Also, phones often have a way of accidentally clicking themselves.
- If you’re not sure how to use Twitter or Facebook, consider hiring someone to do the posting for you, especially if you have the money.
- If you’re unhappy in your relationship, get some counseling. Or even better…
- If you’re into sexting and you have a partner, consider SEXTING with them! It will save you a great deal of humiliation and could even save your relationship. P.S. Don’t assume your partner is NOT into it. Have you asked? You’d be surprised to hear the answer.