So Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are getting a divorce. Not exactly shocking considering the whole marriage thing was suspect to begin with.
At the very least, we can all take away something from this whole disaster. That is, what NOT to do in the dating process.
Here are 16 Love Lessons Learned from Kim Kardashian:
1. Don’t propose to a woman on National TV – she’ll feel forced to say YES even if she doesn’t mean it (she doesn’t want to make a fool of you in front of the world).
2. Don’t accept a proposal from a man you don’t really KNOW – you’ll have to get to know him eventually.
3. Don’t ignore the voice that says a man is just not RIGHT for you. (That GUT feeling you just can’t explain – it doesn’t lie!)
4. Don’t ignore the OBVIOUS red flags. That is: your man’s immature, displays childish behavior, is inexperienced in relationships, is unable to take charge, fails to be a team player (of YOUR team, that is), you’re awkward together, you’re really NOT into each other, your body language is off
5. Don’t marry a man you’re not CRAZY about.
6. Don’t marry a man just because you want to be ‘married’. (Marriage without love is NOT glamorous)>
7. Don’t marry a man just because your sisters are married and you’re envious or want to fit in.
8. Don’t marry a man quickly because your mom and sister married quickly.
9. Don’t marry a man just because you want a family (and insist on overlooking the fact that he will ALSO be a part of your family)
1o. Don’t marry someone that doesn’t get along with your family (your family WILL eventually win).
11. Don’t accept a $21 million engagement ring from a man that (1) you don’t love and (2) can’t afford it - you’ll be forced to pay it back
12. Don’t organize a $10 million wedding and have it paid for by sponsors and advertisers - you’ll curse every future bride that even considers using these vendors.
13. Don’t invite the world to bear witness to a ceremony where love doesn’t exist – it costs people money to buy you gifts and fly to your event.
14. Don’t televise the ceremony on National TV – now millions of people will tune in to your BIG mistake.
15. Keep in mind that you’ll actually have to LIVE with this man once the party is OVER.
Let’s start dating smarter!