So 2012 is right around the corner! Will you be dating in the new year? Need some good dating advice? Here are 11 Dating tips for both Men and Women that are guaranteed to make you successful:
1. Invest in yourself - after all the shopping and running around for everyone else during the holidays, it’s time to invest some time and money working on yourself. Focus on your wardrobe, hair, and overall physical appearance. Physical appearance is an important factor of attraction, that’s the bottom line. Don’t look at pampering yourself, buying new clothes and accessories as materialistic, look at it as a way to improve your self-esteem. The key here is: Don’t be afraid to spend money! If your livingroom deserves a high definition TV, your body certainly deserves QUALITY.
2. Put yourself first - treat yourself to massages manicures, pedicures, facials. And don’t give these things up for anyone. You come first. Everyone else comes later.
3. Be aggressive – if you see someone you like make a conscious effort to pursue them. Put yourself on the line a little and put your pride on the side. Don’t let opportunities pass you by.
4. Don’t play games – not too many games anyway. While some game-playing is important when it comes to dating, you certainly don’t want to turn people off because of your pride or bad experiences.
5. Update your facebook profile - Facebook is a great opportunity to meet new people. Update your profile to include your interests (books, movies, etc) and write a little about yourself. Give people some insight about YOU. Don’t put all your business out there but definitely give enough information where people are intrigued and want to learn more. You never know who’s reading.
6. Feng Shui your space - get rid of all the negative energy in your bedroom and in your home. Make your home a place that attracts love… not turns it away. Check out my post –> Feng Shui Tips for the Bedroom
8. Get involved in new OFFLINE Communties – join clubs or groups in school or work. Find local places where people gather and go there all the time.
9. Set up a trip with single friends – to a singles spot like Miami or Vegas. Book in advance to get the best deals and best hotels.
10. Make love a priority - that is, if love is what you really want. If it isn’t, figure out what you DO want and focus your efforts on achieving your real goals. Have love wait until you’re ready. (You can’t be indecisive).
11. Value yourself - don’t allow anyone to treat you like garbage. The way you allow others to treat you says a lot about how you FEEL about yourself. If someone isn’t reciprocating feelings or treating you with the respect you deserve, get rid of them. Place a value on yourself high enough so that not everyone can AFFORD you. Not everyone is worth what you have to offer… not in 2012.
Put these dating tips into practice every day in 2012 and you’ll be on your way to success. Good luck on your mission to find love and Happy New Year!